GEAR CHECKLISTS - safety equipment
You got the hard goods, now learn what safety equipment you need to stay safe on the water when paddleboarding, wingboarding, wing foiling and foiling
Flatwater Safety Gear
Surfing Safety Gear
Whitewater Safety Gear
Flatwater Paddling - Beyond Swimming Limits and Offshore
1. Personal Flotation Device - Required by USCG. Vest Type or Belt Pack Type options
2. Leash - Coiled Leashes prevent drag and stay on top of the board for less resistance.
Paddle Surfing - Waves
1. Leash - Straight Leash approximately the length of the board. Do not use a coiled leash or a bungee cord, it will increase the chances of the board rebounding into your body.
Whitewater Paddling - Fast moving rivers
1. Personal Flotation Device - Inherently buoyant with the most buoyancy possible. DO NOT wear a manual inflation belt pack.
2. Quick-release waist belt. DO NOT wear an ankle/knee leash on whitewater, it can cause your leg to get trapped in deadly river features.
3. Helmet - Protect your head from rocks and submerged objects
Wingboarding Safety Gear
Wing Foiling Safety Gear
1. Wing Leash - Most wings come with a leash, but not all so make sure you ask when buying a wing. Wing leashes are coiled or straight. Attachment points can be with a waist harness or at the ankle/knee. Use a longer leash for a larger wing.
2. Board Leash - You can use a coiled leash or a small, lightweight straight leash.
3. Personal Flotation Device - Suggested. Not required by USCG at this time. Vest type or belt pack options.
1. Wing Leash - Most wings come with a leash, but not all so make sure you ask if a leash is included when buying a wing. Leashes are coiled and straight and some are bungee-like. Use a longer leash for a larger wing. Attachment points can be with a waist harness or ankle/knee.
2. Board Leash You can use a coiled leash or a small, lightweight straight leash. Attachment points can be with a waist harness or ankle/knee.
4. Impact Vest
FOILING SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Foiling Boat/PWC Safety Gear
Foiling - Pump Safety Gear
Foiling - Surf Safety Gear
Wake Foiling Behind a PWC/Boat
2. Impact Vest
3. NO LEASH - If you fall at high speeds, you want to separate from your board and foil immediately. The PWC/Boat can easily retrieve you and your board before a problem arises.
Pump Foiling - Self-powered
1. Impact Vest
2. Leash - 6’ Comp (6mm) waist or ankle/knee attachment
1. Leash - 6’ Comp (6mm) waist or ankle/knee attachment
2. Impact Vest
BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
Learn the 3 C's of Water Safety
Check. Connect. Communicate: Learn and practice the 3's of Water Safety and have a good time, every time you go out on the water
Drownings, Concussions and Contusions
What you don't know about water sports safety equipment can hurt you. Learn more about how equipment keeps you safe and why you need it.
Shop for Safety Equipment
Browse the TAGGED PRODUCTS below we reviewed in this post and if you need more information Ask Us Anything